Sunday 20 January 2019

Entry No 2: June 25 1974


From the newly discovered treasure trove that is my long-lost teenage diaries (discovered while clearing out Mum's house in January 2019, until now I thought only 3 volumes survived), here are the second and third entries, from June 1974.

The idea was, when I began my diary age 12, that I would turn my life into a comic strip. It wouldn't be long until I discovered my daily routine offered little in the way of visuals, and my diary morphed into a heavily decorated scrapbook of TV shows, music and comic reviews, with a little bit of diary squeezed in.

What a violent time I was having at Kibworth High School. Punched in the face and chucking someone down some steps yesterday, and now having my dinner ticket ripped. The horror.

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Post a Comment