Sunday 20 January 2019

Shoved under the shower - Jan 17 1975

By January of 1975, my Picture Diary has almost given up on trying to tell my life story in comic strip form, but a few examples were still sneaking in. Here we see the dramatic incident of me being forced under a shower at Scouts - I was ever the unfortunate victim of lighthearted bullying it seems - leavened by the fun of me drawing my face in the back of a spoon.

On the right hand page we see Doctor Who among the TV shows that night. And coincidentally, as I type this, it's Tom Baker's 85th birthday. And on Friday night we see Ed Stewpot Stewart presenting Crackerjack. And what photo have I also just found among the piles of stuff at Mum & Dad's house..?


Mum and Dad with Ed Stewpot Stewart, at some event or other, sometime in the 70s.

By Jan 1975 I'd introduced the feature to my diary known as Record For The Day, this pair's treats being The Bay City Rollers' Saturday Night and Stevie Wonder's Boogie On Reggae Woman. I knew good music when I heard it.



No comments:

Post a Comment