Monday 21 January 2019

Hallo Cheeky - Jan 19 1976

From the recently discovered, long-thought-lost early diaries hidden in a suitcase at my Mum's house for forty years, here's a spread from this week in 1976. Nothing much happens in my actual life, which is very much a theme in these things, but boy did I love my telly.

On the Monday I complain about a dentist visit, not because of any pain or discomfort, but because it makes me miss all "ALL" of the kids telly. And I seem rather obsessed by the fact that Tuesday's TV contains no first episodes of new series. An odd child indeed.

The 6 Million Dollar Man illustration shows you the level my drawing had reached by the age of 14. I was a dab hand with the felt tip pens, but had yet to master the realistic portrait. Hopefully I've got that together over the intervening years.

My Records For The Day go from most famous to most obscure quite nicely. I doubt there's anyone who's unfamiliar with Sgt Pepper, but who remembered Jump In My Car by Chris Spedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment