Sunday 31 March 2019

Planet Of The Apes double bill - April 1st 1975


For April Fools Day 1975, in which I have indulged in no foolery myself though by this time Noel Edmonds was doing them regularly on his Radio 1 show so I must have heard that, I seem much more obsessed by Planet Of The Apes. I'm reading the Marvel comics adaptations (which, at time of writing, I have just flogged wholesale on eBay), and that night I go with Peter and David Lloyd to see not one but two POTA films at the cinema.

When was the last time you sat through a double bill in the cinema? That must be nearly 4 hours of movie we sat through. Catch me doing that today.

Interesting to read about Scout Bob A Job week, for which I was raising 15p a job. And I can remember that goose that chased us off Briggs' farm, though my memory's been much kinder to Banger Lloyd who I had totally forgotten hid in a ditch. He's a vicar now.

My records for the day are both losts beyond the mists of memory. Well done anyone at home who remembered Take Your Mama For A Ride by Lulu or Naughty by Charlie Drake, both of which sound much more like Scissor Sisters records than anything else.





Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here


SCOTTISH FALSETTO SOCK PUPPET THEATRE: ROLL UP!
July 31 - Aug 25 - GILDED BALLOON Patter Hoose Edfringe - On Sale Now

No comments:

Post a Comment