Sunday 31 March 2019

Racing towards the end of my diary, April 1 - 7 1978


By April 1978 the pressure of my impending O levels and the general busying up of my life meant that I didn't have the time to do the heavily decorated diary I'd been producing since mid 1974. I still managed the nice touch of a fold-out section in which I've written by review of Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, but the rest of this period is just sped through.

In fact the letters I sent to Steve Noble in Bristol were where I was now putting my effort and, if he's  kept his copies of mine like I've kept my copies of his, then between us we have some record of what we were up to for the next 18 months or so, until student life really puts paid to diary writing time.

My Records For The Day are quite the obscurities. Who remembered Slade's Give Us A Goal or Bill Withers' follow up to Lovely Day called, amazingly, Lovely Night?







Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here


The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre: Roll Up! at The Gilded Balloon Patter Hoose, July 31st - Aug 25th 2019 at 9.30pm. On sale now!

No comments:

Post a Comment