Tuesday 29 October 2019

Leela and Happy Dayz - October 29 1976


Ooh look it's Leela off of Doctor Who, drawn by me from a picture in the paper, though Doctor Who's not on the telly that week so it must have been about to start. Not, I confess a big mystery there.

A bigger mystery is the book 8 Happy Dayz and whatever became of it. In this diary, written at the end of half term week, Nick and I have clearly been writing a book I'd totally forgotten about, called Happy Dayz. And, if memory serves, it was a book looking back at the week long school trip to the Italian alps we'd enjoyed in April that year. Which begs two questions. Where is this Happy Dayz book, cos I can't remember seeing it since. And where are my diary pages from April 1976, was it really that memorable a holiday? I'll have to dig them out and see.

My Records For The Day run the gamut from A for awful to B for bemusing. Jonathan King, who you don't hear much on the radio these days; Lalo Schifrin's theme for Starksy and Hutch, which which I seemed enamoured; and Rock Me Baby by the Steve Miller Band, which showed I wasn't totally bereft of taste.




Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here


The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre will be touring near you sometime. Catch up with them on Facebook for the latest. 

1 comment:

  1. So much of your diary entries resonate with me....I just never got around to putting it into a extravagantly drawn diary! Good to see a mention of Holmes and Yoyo, which I enjoyed at the time, being 13 back then (even though it’s considered one of the worst TV shows ever made), it’s so obscure i had to google it for a friend recently as he didn’t believe it ever existed!

    ReplyDelete